Friday, September 3, 2010

Bembol




For my untreatable growing addiction for bags, I gave myself an early birthday gift.  My second LV bag in Damier Graphite Canvas.  A mini model of a name I will never forget.

One morning after working in the graveyard shift from my last job, my car would not start.  My friends helped me fix it, but to no avail, it still would not start.  It was starting to rain.

A guy came up and helped us.  He said it was just dirty terminals of the battery.  He went to his car, got a piece of scouring pad and cleaned the terminals.   Viola!!  My car is fixed!!  I said my thank you and got his name.  That night, I came to the office with a mini chocolate mousse cake that I love.  It was a gesture of gratitude.  I asked the supervisor I know to provide me the screen name of the guy who helped me.  DLM.  I sent him an e-mail.  He replied.  In the following days, I found myself chatting with him.

He was suave.  He got his cool cocky moves.  I was demure.

It was a little payback time.  He asked a favor if I could help him go to his hometown in Laguna to bring his old computer and bike.  Since my vehicle was a pick up truck, I said yes.  It was my first time to go out with him.  He was still practically a stranger.  I was too trusting.  I was firm with my decision.  Nevertheless, I told VG about it.  He was surprised with my stupidity.  VG told me to be careful.  He then succumbed to my delusion and reminded me to send him the address where I will be going.  VG was protective.  Was he thinking that I will get raped?!

I met up with DLM, and we got to his apartment to get his things.  During the conversation, the wife topic suddenly came up.  What?! Again?!

There I was, still with a married man.  I played it cool.  Brushing off the details of his then troubled married life, I still enjoyed his company.  First stop was to get breakfast and drink my favorite green tea frapuccino from the starbucks where AL and I hang out.  Then, off to Laguna.

One of the things I hated about me has surfaced.  We got to the very narrow streets of his place.  We then have to walk a few blocks to reach their home.  It was not a pretty sight.  I am thankful that I was a member of the theater guild club in high school.  I was jolly on the outside.

He brought me around his childhood place.  He showed me his school, the market he used to go to and even bought some grilled bananas.  Fear factor.  I managed to finish it because his mom was watching.  Late afternoon came and I had to leave.  His family tried to talk me out of it but, people who knows me well would bet that I will leave.  And so I left. 

Odd day.  But I gained a friend in the process.  And today... his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment