Saturday, July 3, 2010

Friendshifts

When I came here in US, I bonded with a group of guys whom I have shared house with during the training period before we were off to our different offices.  We had different, extremely different personalities, but have managed to glue quickly.  The five of us have shared a lot of our firsts in this country.  It was an effort on my part to blend with them while trying to gauge their reaction to my lifestyle.

Among them all, I got along better with AD.  I may sound conceited, but I think I had the most influence as to his style in clothing, choice in food, and lifestyle.  I have seen him grow from his rural roots.  LOL.  Nevertheless, he is someone I enjoy being with. 

Rivalry among a group of men may not be very familiar to me.  Somehow this commaraderie have slipped into closely non-existent.  AD and BD had a misunderstanding that brought about deterioration to this group.  I, myself, am guilty of this break up when my college friends came and I have spent most of my time with them.  By this time, AD had found his girl.  Just a good timing.  I shared an apartment with AM, until he resigned from our company and moved to Virginia to be with his wife.

I still have managed to open my time, at least of what remains of it, for an old get together.  This never happened.  Sometimes I would still find myself spending weekends with AD.  An act that others who have just known us speculate that we were an item.  Jealousy may be, this has made me drift away from BD and RS (different from my RS in HS) as I have spent lesser time with them.  Eventually, DB and RS have shared an apartment and found a new group of friends.

I miss the group.  It may never be the same again.  AD has married his girl.  I keep in touch with him as much as I can.  DB works in the same office with me, though we seldom talk now.  RS will be joining our office in a few weeks.  He still is the same quiet boy, though disappointingly, turned to be colder with his affect.

One thing I have learned from this is how being passive with friendship has taken us apart.  I, too, have changed.  But I still miss them all.


No comments:

Post a Comment