Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Oprah - Farewell Show

When I was in the Philippines, I was watching re-runs of Oprah. I was fascinated by how she gives away her favorite things and such. A lot of talk shows were developed just like hers. The closest they’ve gotten is Kris Aquino’s show Today with Kris Aquino. Of course, when I said closest, it meant like I’m comparing apples and oranges. The similarity is that they are both fruits but definitely far from each other.

When I transferred here in the US, I should have had the chance to really watch it on time but, I never really gotten the time because of work. Nevertheless, I did catch it sometime at my patient’s house.

Thankfully, DVR has helped in recording shows that I would love to see commercial free. It was the final season of Oprah after 25 years and my housemate thought it will be important to watch them all. So we did – everyday.

With the help Oprah has extended to her viewers, myself included, has changed lives. In my lifetime, she is one hell of a lady to have had that task. A lot of viewers will miss her specially those who do not have cable. A lot of them are my elder patients.

Oprah has started her network called OWN – Oprah Winfrey Network. This has opened up a better medium, wider and much more powerful for her to reach more people with programs that she believes will help a lot more.

Amidst all these sincere cheers to Oprah and for her long time running show, I found this short description of her show on TV funny.  I know Oprah has been an advocate to eliminate racism but….

No comments:

Post a Comment