Monday, October 5, 2009

Appleman



Stress marks my first day at work in Dunn.  I get a new computer, new work phone, new area, new office, new faces and names to memorize, and the same old work.  I think getting around the area is the most stressful of them all.  I'll get used to it eventually. 

I took a deep breath before I started blogging.  A conscious effort and visualization of putting my mind in relax mode for a while.  I need a new strategy to make this easier this time.  I should be wiser.  Thankfully, old friends will help me along the way. 

To relax myself, I watched the premier of The Next Iron Chef. Yes, I just recorded it.  I recorded the repeat from 12 midnight to 1:30 am.  My DVR can only record two shows at the same time and I was already recording Desperate Housewives and Hootie and the Blowfish's concert in Charleston.  I am more inclined to a chef who is very bold with what he prepares.  This season, I am starting to like the style of Nate Appleman.  The 2009 James Beard Rising Star Chef of the Year and part-owner of Pulino's Bar and Pizzeria in NY which will open sometime in December. 

It is just the first episode anyway.  There will be more to see in the next battles to come.  Appleman happened to win the first challenge with his unlaid egg yolk carbonara with chicken intestines (or fallopian tubes?) and zabaglione with unlaid egg yolk crumble.  Mmmmmm, yummy.  Hopefully next time they will feature more usual edible food and show their extraordinary take on it.  I don't do a lot of fear factor.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment