Sunday, September 20, 2009

Share


I have just received news about the how successful the medical mission was in my hometown in San Jose, San Fernando, Pampanga.  My brother single-handedly spearheaded the program through the Federation of the Knights of the Blessed Sacrament in Pampanga.  The medical mission was held yesterday, September 19, coinciding with the birthday of the late founder of the KBS in Pampanga.

Mom said there were more than 400 people who had their medical check up with a handful of volunteer doctors, my uncle included,  who devoted their time and support.  My family backed my brother's program as my sister, a nurse, worked endless hours sorting the donated medicines from pharmaceutical companies and donors, and my mother headed the feeding program for the children. 

I have always felt jealous of the time my brother spends with the Federation specially when I call during the weekends.  I guess I just miss him a lot.  Being a proactive member of our Parish was something I never did but, this would have been an exemption, and I, too, would have supported by brother's program.   I have never been more proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment