Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Rebel Chef


This Sunday will mark the second season's premier of "The Next Iron Chef".  I haven't really looked at the competitors but, I am very curious about the renowned chefs who joined this year. 

Last year's winner was chef Michael Symon,  owner of restaurants Lola, and Lolita in Cleveland, Ohio, and Roast in Detroit, Michigan.  I have not gone, yet, to any of his restaurants to try his food.  :-(   Though I have been to Michigan multiple times to visit relatives for different reasons and occasions, I somehow always miss to sneak some time to go to Detroit and eat at Roast.  That will be one of my agenda next time I'll be in Michigan, the other is to go to the Grand Hotel in Mackinac Island.  Maybe I could pay a visit to my aunt and cousins in Cleveland then eat at Lola or Lolita.  I just hope he opens one in New York or Las Vegas.  His blog Symon Says keeps me updated with his stuff, and recently he won a James Beard Award.

I religiously watched last year's TNIC and I was rooting for Symon since the beginning.  Well, aside from the fact too that I have watched him before at Food Network's Melting Pot where he is one of the rotating hosts, his rebel personality really sticks out from the pack.  This 40 year old biker, golf enthusiast and culinary rebel made me curious to see the different tattoos he has.  I still wanted to try his chocolate covered bacon.  Dare?

No comments:

Post a Comment